fredag 29. oktober 2010

An amazing day in LA

Dear Diary
Today I really learned a lot about California. I decided that before I went out exploring, I should gather some facts about the state just to give me a good start. Here are some of the facts I just found:
California (The Golden State) is a state on the west coast of the USA and the capital is Sacramento. However, the largest city is Los Angeles. It borders to Oregon in the north, Mexico in the south, Nevada and Arizona in the East and the Pacific Ocean in the vest. The governor of California is Arnold Schwarzenegger and his political party is republican. California is the state with the best economics in the USA and it is the leading place of computer industry.  The state is divided into 58 counties among Los Angeles which is the county that contains the highest number of inhabitants in the whole USA! California itself contains about 36 million inhabitants. A very interesting fact about the state is that one out of eight citizens in the USA lives in California, although it is only the third biggest state in area. Another funny fact is that their motto is “eureka”.  The climate in California is very much stabile throughout the year. It has mild and warm winters, and hot and dry summers. However, the climate all together in the whole USA is extreme, and it is well-known for its many different weather phenomenon. Tropical hurricanes, tornadoes, snowstorms, huge temperature differences and enormous precipitation create big variation in the climate.
Here is the buiding it all takes place.
I figured that was enough info, and so I went out! My first stop was Madame Tussaud, just to ensure me that I actually saw a couple of famous faces. It is a wax-museum with famous persons made out of wax. The original museum is in London, but it has many branches in other major cities. Some of the cities are Berlin, New York, Dubai and Hong Kong. The newest museum is in Hollywood and was opened the 1st of July 2009 and the founder was (obviously) Madame Tussaud, whose real name was Marie Tussaud. Marie Tussaud was born the 21st of December 1761 in Strasburg in France. Her mother worked as a housekeeper for Dr. Phillipe Curtis who was the one to teach Marie the art of wax-modeling.
Double Beyonce, can you tell which one is fake?
I think i see a resemblance...
Michael is doing his dance.

Eddie smiling as always
Leonardo Dicaprio
Woods is focused
Tiger Woods, Eddie Murphy and Leonardo DiCaprio were just a few of many amazing wax-models I saw. And they all actually looked incredibly similar to the original persons. Impressing!
The Ivy
After my trip to Madame Tussaud, I decided to go to a famous and recommended restaurant called The Ivy. The Ivy is one of the most leading celebrity hangouts in the USA and since it is an open, patio restaurant paparazzies often camp outside across the street, hoping for photos of the celebrities. It is Demi Moors favorite restaurant and Beyonce, Lindsey Lohan, Mandy Moore and Christina Aguilera are only some of the celebrities who have been seen eating there. Disappointingly, I didn’t get to see any of them, but the food was great anyway.
And that was my day! I hope that tomorrow will be just as good as today, and I will hopefully find some different places to visit which are interesting too.
By the way, I’ve found myself a nice “Bed & Breakfast”, at some kind people’s place. Their names are June and Harry, and I got a warm welcome. I will only be staying her for a few days, though, as I’m planning to visit Florida and New York as well. I’ll keep you updated!
-          Cuwyl!( Catch up with you later)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar