fredag 29. oktober 2010

More to tell..

Dear Diary

I’ll just start telling you about my last days in California, as I’m now in Florida. Since California has got more than 1, 1 miles of coastline, I had to give it a visit and it was truly amazing. The beaches were white and had huge waves cruising through the beautiful blue water. I couldn’t resist trying a surf board, but I had to give it up after a while. It takes a lot of practice to handle them, which I certainly didn’t manage. The beach volleyball suited me more. Additionally there were contests where you were supposed to build the best sandcastle. And the people attending truly knew what they were doing! They sure have an interesting culture her in America. Here are some of the castles:



They're amazing, right?


At the Ritz Carlton spa.
I also got dazzled at The Ritz Carlton’s spa in downtown L A. A full body massages and skin treatments made me feel like a million dollars afterwards. I left the building feeling totally refreshed and new.

A tour bus seemed to be a good idea, and so I followed it. It was a practical and effective way to see the whole city in just a couple of hours, and the city was huge. We even went through Hollywood, and guess who we saw, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!

I’ve been really lucky with the weather; I haven’t seen any clouds yet! And when the rain finally decided to set its course towards LA, I was already on my way to the Sunshine State, Florida. The trip this time wasn’t as bad, and not nearly as long, but still my whole day went away travelling. I was tired too, so I didn’t bother to find a nice restaurant. Instead I went to get an easy traditional American meal, of the kind you’ll never spend much time looking for here, junk food. A double cheese burger, some fries and a large Pepsi sounded good, and turned out to taste okay as well.

The Florida State Flag
Florida is an American state and is the state laying the most south in USA. It borders to Georgia and Alabama in the north and to the Atlantic Ocean at the rest of its borders, as the coastline is extremely long. The governor of Florida is Charlie Christ and his political party is republican. The largest city is Jacksonville, however the capital is Tallahassee. Florida got its name by the adventurer Juan Ponce de León who went ashore the 2. of April 1513. Despite this fact, people have been living there for thousands of years, like the Indians. Later, the state has been fought over between settlers from Spain, France and England. Florida together with many other southern states declared themselves as independent during the American civil war, however when they lost the war in 1865 they reunited with USA in 1868. Many tourist attractions were built up in Florida during the 20th century and the military also put up many bases. Today Florida has a big population growth, because of immigration from Caribbean countries and people from other states moving there. Florida is the 4th most populous state after California, Texas and Pensacola.

That sounds to be enough for today. Right now I’m just hanging out in my hotel room here in Orlando, ready for bed. I’ll keep you updated!

- G2g (got to go)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar