fredag 29. oktober 2010

My last words for this time

Walt Disney

Dear Diary
I just had to visit Disney World in Orlando, or its whole name Walt Disney World Resort. It was opened in 1971 and is one of the biggest amusement parks in the whole world. With its 120 km2 it is even larger than Asker! I used my time there effective though, so I got to see the most of the park, and to put it in this way; I do not regret going. It was incredible and totally different than our own amusement park back home in Norway, Tusenfryd. There were loads of people and attractions everywhere you turned. It freaked me out a bit that things could be so overwhelming. Walt Disney sure knew his business!
The incredible Disney World
The characters

The next day I decided to do something I never had done before, and guess what I ended up doing!? I took the Orlando Sunrise Hot-Air Balloon Ride! We started our flight from Orlando and got to see a beautiful sunrise view over the city. Afterwards we received champagne toast before we went to the Best Western Lakeside for an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. We even got a Flight of Ascension certificate by our pilot afterwards. What a great way to start my day! Afterwards I just did a little shopping in the city, and it is amazing how cheap everything here is, I just can’t get over it.

By the way, I couldn’t resist going to the sump. So I went to Wakulla Springs State Park where the springs are the largest and the deepest which makes them perfect for snorkeling and swimming. I didn’t dare though. I was too frightened by all the alligators and turtles. But I did go on a safari, and I got to see the Wakulla Springs Park Slide Show too, which was awesome!
The sump
I've never liked crocodiles..
An amazing experience
The Orange County city of Winter Park was also a place that I felt drawn to. It is situated north Orlando and was once considered as a winter resort. However, today the city is filled with art and culture, which really got me interested. Both Rollins College and the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of Natural Art lays here, and I truly learned a lot this day.

Later I also joined a couple of other tours, but I won’t bother telling you about everything, because it’ll be too much. I’ll just sum up the most important stuff. I went to the beautiful Panama City, the Sea world in Orlando, Miami (among others Miami Beach and Little Havana), Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale and more.
The shoppingstreets in Las Olas Boulevard is amazing!

The beach in Miami is idyllic and peaceful.

Miami at night is a beutiful view.

It is a big city too

The SeaWorld in Orlando had me entertained!
I’m leaving for New York tomorrow, but this will be my last diary article. In New York (The big Apple) I’ll probably visit the statue of Liberty, Chrysler Building, the St. Patrick Cathedral, the Museum of Modern Art, Wall Street and Central Park, if I’ll have enough time.
-          Hasta la vista!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar